Atherosclerosis Prevention options will naturally include healthier lifestyle choices and the regular practice of Vedic Meditation
Yes. You can’t do anything about your genes, your gender or your age, but you can adopt a healthy lifestyle.
The regular practice of Vedic Meditation can reduce Atherosclerosis and increased artery size whilst it also develops healthier living habits, like quitting cigarettes, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure to name but a few.
- Maintain a healthy weight and avoid weight gain as you get older
- Get plenty of regular exercises – at least 30 minutes a day, most days of the week
- Eat a healthy diet low in saturated fat and rich in fruits and vegetables
- If you have high blood cholesterol or high blood pressure, you may need medicine to help lower it. Stick to your treatment plan
- If you have diabetes, follow your treatment plan
- If you smoke, stop
- If stress is a problem, find ways to reduce or control it
Talk to your health professional about what you can do to lower your risks for atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
In this section
What is Atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis Prevention – You are on this page
Atherosclerosis Risk Factors
What is the Plaque That Causes Atherosclerosis
Do You Have High Blood Pressure?
Then you need to read this book, by New Zealand author, Dr David Lovell-Smith.
In this book, Dr David Lovell-Smith describes how his patients successfully used diet, lifestyle changes and Transcendental Meditation to bring their blood pressure down.
This book offers new hope and insight for those with high blood pressure but it is not for hypertensives alone. The knowledge which Dr Lovell-Smith presents in his book is timely and relevant, and its exposition is long overdue.
Click here to read more about “Perfect Blood Pressure”