Some types of depression run in families, suggesting that a biological vulnerability can be inherited.
Not everyone who is depressed, or manic, will experience all of the symptoms of depression.
Some people only experience a few symptoms, while others will experience many. And the symptoms of depression may vary between episodes.
The severity of symptoms varies with individuals and also varies over time.
Symptoms of Depression
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain
- Abnormal or excessive elation
- Unusual irritability
- Decreased need for sleep
- Grandiose notions
- Increased talking
- Racing thoughts
- Increased sexual desire
- Markedly increased energy
- Poor judgment
- Inappropriate social behavior
Are you Depressed?
Find out, with our on-line ==> Test for Depression Symptoms
There are many things you can do to manage Depression and / or just stay healthy:
… the combination of Vedic Meditation, for twenty minutes twice a day, with a good diet – especially a low fat, low salt diet – and physical exercise, should see a dramatic change in your health.
Vedic Meditation is one of the most powerful techniques available for reducing stress and anxiety. It is also one of the easiest to learn and simplest to practice.
If you are in Auckland (NZ) call me, Warwick Jones, on 09 419 5380, or email to find our how Vedic Meditation could help you achieve better health.
Click here ==> to find out more about Vedic Meditation